Monday, August 4, 2008

Hot! Hot! Hot!

This past week has been a hot one! Just to give you an idea, today is the 22nd day Denver has been in the 90's and Friday and Saturday was 104 and 103. Luckily we spend 3 days a week at the pool with some friends. We go at 10 am, before it gets too hot and busy, and stay until about noon. It gets Kyle good and tired so he takes a good long nap. Yeah for me! Other than that we have been inside with the a.c. cranked.
Kyle and Jane having a snack at the pool (8-1-08)

Kyle loves to play with anything that moves!


Henry was gone most of last week to the Las Vegas Furniture show, so I hung out at my parents with them and Brian and Michael (his wife was out of town with their kids). Kyle had a lot of fun with uncles Rat and Michael. He doesn't get one on one time with Michael because of his 3 girls.

Friday I went to Barnes and Noble and bought my copy of Breaking Dawn (the 4th book in the Twilight series) by Stephanie Myer. It went on sale at 12:01 am Saturday morning, and I was there to buy my copy. I came home and read until 5 am. Then I read off and on Saturday and Sunday, of course staying up until 2 am each night (or morning depending on how you look at it). I finsished it this morning at 2 am. It was a good book, but my favorite is still the first one, Twilight. A friend has it now and don't worry Mary, I will have it back by Sunday so you can read it.

I have been the Bear leader in our ward for 2 1/2 years now. Beacuse of church and scout rules I can't be alone with the boys and my co-leader (the wolf leader) moved in June so we haven't been having scouts. I have been waiting for them to call a new wolf leader for me to work with. On Sunday they called two men to be cub scout leaders. They haven't released me yet but I think it is coming this week (the webelos leaders are husband and wife and have been in less than 2 years). I will have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: