Friday, May 21, 2010

April and May

I have been soooo busy! Sorry I have not been beter about writing on here more often.

I have been helping out a new charter school getting started in our area. I am now secretary of the founding board. I have board meetings every week and community meeting a few times a month. I am learning a lot about eduaction and all the curriculums and the business side of it all. I have a lot to learn still. Our web page is www.benfranklinschool.org/ we are really excited and are planning on opening in time for Kyle's kindergarten year.
Henry is slowly recovering. He still gets really tired and is ready for bed by 7pm. He is getting old :) If he does to much lifting his stomach still hurts too. Our garden plot at the community garden has not been pllanted yet because of it all. A friend of our from church went and tilled it for us so we wouldn't get kicked out. Thanks Lori! We owe you big!!!!
Kyle has been busy too. In April he took a kinderbaseball. It was just an intro ro baseball. He had fun. He missed a week becasue he was sick (which he passed on to me). At the end of the session he got a medal. He is so proud of it!
We had a busy past week. Wednesday we had our fundraiser for the YW/YM, it was a carnival and silent auction. Kyle had fun for about an hour. We discovered he has a fear of clowns! Dad took him home so Henry and I could work and bid. We won a lot of yard work, babysitting, horse ride for Kyle, learn to play sport with some YM for Kyle, and a dinner. It was all for a good thing and Henry benifits from it :) The ward seemed to have a good time too.
Kyle had his last day of preschool (until August). They went to Littleton Historical Museum on Tuesday for a field trip. It is a little working farm in Littleton. It is free and one of our favorite places to go. Then on Thursday it was preschool graduation for those going to Kindergarten next year. They went to the park to play and had a little ceremony and those staying next year, got a bag of goodies. Then they all had cupcakes.
Kyle with his teacher, Ms. Holly

Kyle and Henry went to the Father/Son campout tonight. I have my piano recital tonight too. I will post pictures of the Father/Son campout if Henry takes pictures.

No comments: