Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Enrichment Mid Week Activity

I was asked to teach the mid week activity this week on cake decorating. I had no idea how to go about it . The class was 2 hours and the classes we took to learn cake decorating were 3 course with 4 classes each course and 2 hours a class. How do you teach in 2 hours. I decided to teach how to bake a cake so it will come out of the pan with out tearing, how to ice a crumb free cake, and a couple of decorating techniques (stars, shells, and writing). I made the Strawberry Shortcake cake in advance to show them what they will be able to do at the end of the class (all the decorating techniques for the character pans were taught in the class). I also made 8 - 6" cakes so they could practice everything and have hands on experience. It was a hit! Everyone had a great time and they said they learned a lot. After, Kyle helped me clean up by trying to eat all the frosting.

1 comment:

Heidi P, That's me! said...

Your cakes are AMAZING! I would have loved that enrichment meeting, good work!